Creative Commons License
http://antagoniste.blogspot.com/ by anonant is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A letter to an angry god

God said "Stop asking so many questions, believe only in me and stop doubting, be loyal to the church, and stop being such a butthead to your fellow humans, because if you dont we are going to have to re-evaluate our relationship."

- I am now and always will be full of questions.
- Because the answers to these questions are so few and far between I am also full of doubt.
- My loyalty must be earned it will not be given freely.
-An unflinching faith in a being who does not have a corporeal form is as dangerous a practice as believing in an ordinary man or woman of clay.
- The violence, greed, and heartlessness displayed by my fellow humans is an expression of the compounded frustrations of the present added on to the pains of the past both created by trying to overcome a bad design.

In responce to another CJ posting on his site.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hi A. Well-written. I feel that God
does invite questions and if we are
still and listen an answer will be
provided. In my understanding of the New Testatment, God does not
desire robots, but an impassioned,
thinking believer who loves him.
Again, that is just my opinion.

anonant said...

Hi Cynthia, I agree that a loving god congruent with a peaceful heart the answers will be there but this letter is not to that god.
Thanks for the post, your poetry rocks!

Shee said...

Someone once told me we are all made of stardust.

I have this longstanding belief that all of our questions will be answered when we die. But I'm starting to think I might be mistaken.

Can we ever talk sense to a wrathful being?

LiVEwiRe said...

A long time ago I saw something that has since been very near the surface at all times for me. 'Blind faith in anything will get you killed'. True, true. But being the person that I am I questioned even that: Aren't we all going to die anyway?

Besides. I think that was from a movie.

Anonymous said...

You are not the 'Anonymous' that keeps posting on my 'blog' are you? I'm sorry, I am on a mission to find out who they are! Ha!It's bugging me somewhat.
As for your post...the God that I know never says stop asking questions, because that is the only way I will learn. Just be careful who I ask them of!Surely by asking such will help one grow in understanding.

anonant said...

sheE - I think we must ask all the questions we possibly can before we die as opposed to finding all of the answers after we die. Thank you for the comment.

LiVEwiRe - I believe that blind faith period will get you killed. Glad to have you thank you for the visit.

SarahA - No I dont believe I am the anonymous person who has posted at your site. I visited your site but when I tried to comment it would not allow me. Thank you for the visit.