Creative Commons License
http://antagoniste.blogspot.com/ by anonant is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Broken Images

Pieces of a broken mirror
give broken images
but each
piece is perspective
in and of itself.
the hardest part is context
a red cloth becomes
a pile of saffron or
the blood on a bandage or
a stain from yesterdays cherry pie...

Broken images
reflected
lost
and then found again.
Does the eye see it
as many pieces of the world scattered or
as the world reflected in many windows shattered or
many makeup mirrors held in many soft smooth hands
what use a broken mirror's melted sands.

What is art but
the view
from the artist's shard
harmonic reflections
disonant deflections
shadow deceptions
and pieces, pieces, pieces.

I think sometimes that broken images
can show more than a crystal clear
photo.

10 comments:

anonant said...

This is an old post that needed rereading/writing, a friend once told me that my writing is like broken images. I was not sure how to take that. :)

DLAK said...

Okay let me get this right. You have been doing this blog since 2004 and you have a total of 424 profile hits. How can that be?
I will add you to the living and you should know I havnt added a living for years.
Peace

anonant said...

Thanks for the post Dlak

Russell CJ Duffy said...

In a funny way, brings to mind Burroughs?

anonant said...

I dont think I could ever have that angry beatnik's edge. Thanks for the post.

LiVEwiRe said...

Very true, context has so much to do with it. More than most would think. It's like the forgotten child. There is more truth in broken images than in the whole. Your mind must work to see and everyone's truth is different. ;)

{illyria} said...

broken is the new whole, it seems. i like resurrected old selves.

anonant said...

livewire - Life is an adventure that way.
{illyria} - Broken is also a matter of context.
Thanks for the posts

Anonymous said...

Such an idiot, I am, expecting some other form of art (photography), when you are creating poetry.

I really like your poetry, m'man! My favorite portion:

a red cloth becomes
a pile of saffron or
the blood on a bandage or
a stain from yesterdays cherry pie...


Such beautiful imagry. And such a sense of humor.

Cynthia said...

I feel each broken piece is a part of ourselves. Anonant you've written poem with such an eloquent
touch, thoughtful. Thank you.