Creative Commons License
http://antagoniste.blogspot.com/ by anonant is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

She is my partner

I've alway thought of her as a partner, riding towards the same destination as me. Me on my short but reliable mule and she on her great white percheron clippity clopping down the road of life, each leaving little bits of ourselves as oderous tell tales for the other to find and wrinkle their nose at. She is always there on that trail, maybe a little ahead of me or a little behind, all's I have to do is call. We rarely camp at the same crossroads but when there is a river or creek we will always stop to swim together. It is the most fun in the winter when we freeze our selves to such awareness and then lie next to each other on our collective bedrolls just breathing. The air is alive at those times.

6 comments:

{illyria} said...

you write so beautifully. the words punctuate the air like sighs.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I say this as a compliment, but this makes me think of Under the Bridge by the Chili Peppers. I like it because I am a city person and I often feel the city is my true partner. But I think your intentions were much different.

anonant said...

{I} - It is all because of you. :)
enemy - The truth is there are times I feel this way about all reality and that really makes her smile when we stop to soak in it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful ode to a partner. Each person developing and growing: with each other and separately.

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Such a romantic! I agree with Danimal
: your picture off two lovers as seperate entities, but each on the same bath. Romance without codependece! Very refresshing and true. We miss you, by the way (Danimal and I)! Hopefully we actually see you next time you bring us that wonderful bread.

anonant said...

Danimal - Thnx for the compliment and the post.

Danielle - There is something about ice and tenderness and breath that speaks of love. Thnx for the compliment and the post.

D and D - Remember only on alternate sundays will bread be bountiful.