Creative Commons License
http://antagoniste.blogspot.com/ by anonant is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I remember

  • I remember the smell of summer air, heavy with the rain, noticed just in time to run for cover. Tennessee thunderstorms made me so high.

  • I remember I would run outside without a shirt with my hairless adolescent chest soaking wet and puffed out as lightning and thuder crashed and flashed around me.

  • I remember I felt like I was a god.

  • I remember the summer storms of lust, lust so strong I would cum if I moved right/wrong.

  • I remember doing so, often.

  • I remember the sound of hounds barking in the distance, one of my neighbors treeing a racoon.

  • I remember catfish from the Cumberland River.

  • I remember my Mom saying "you want to eat that fish then skin it yourself."

  • I remember how timeless it felt, no thought of any-time but it's own lost "now."

  • I remember when I lost that feeling of timelessness, it was when I joined the service.

  • I remember that it was after my last plea to be rescued by my parents from basic training.

  • I remember I cried for about five minutes and stopped.

  • I remember I went in to the PX bought a six pack of beer, drank it, and walked back to the barracks.

  • I dont remember crying so freely ever since.

  • I remember that I was more than human once, I was young, innocent, and immortal. I go back to that summer place by walking the streets my heart's intense city and when I get there I play for an hour or two.

4 comments:

{illyria} said...

that was too poignant. like sneaking a peak into an ever so private corner of your mind.

Anonymous said...

I am striving to air out those private corners, I think something has died in there somwhere in the dark dank shadows. Being human is poignant and in the contrasting pleasures/pain, joys/sufferage, and wonder/terror we experience life and it is good.
Here is another I remember.
http://antagoniste.blogspot.com/2005/05/old-hound.html

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to reflect and gain insight on where you are in life through reminiscing.
Touching on times that stick out for such personal reasons and now having the knowledge... or at least be better equipped to handle those emotons.

anonant said...

I am glad to have found wordsters that are into the art as an exchange. Language is a constantly fluxxing, ebb, flow, and flood of ideas we all have and by and large most people leave as undicovered country.
Yall rock!
anonant